Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Welcome.

For the past year, I have wanted to start blogging so that my kids can refer back to what it was like to grow up in our house. So here we go…
I've been on maternity leave for the past seven weeks and it has been amazing. I can see how much hard work it would be to stay home full time with the kids and how rewarding it is at the same time. When I had our first child Carmen, I couldn't wait to get back to work. I loved working and I loved Carmen but at the time there wasn't the option for me to stay home. We were really lucky that my mom and dad could watch her for us during the day. When we had Lilah, Carmen had moved to preschool and sending Lilah to an in-home daycare was what it was.
I have to admit being home with James makes we want to stay home full time. I have realized that kids grow up way too quickly. I feel the clock ticking louder for my time to go back to work. I love what I do. I love working. The last year at work has been super stressful and full of a lot of extra hours. This time at home has made me reevaluate what I want to do with my life.  I don't want to quit working but I would love to find a way to cut my hours down at work and spend more time with my kids. A four day work week sounds like the ultimate prize. I hope I can win that lottery somehow. 
Here are some pictures from last week. Carmen's preschool took their annual trip to Deanna Rose.


Lilah with the baby sheep.




James and I spent some tummy time together when we got back. 


I love taking pictures of the kids in the morning and sending them to Jeff. The mornings are so stressful when I have to get to work afterwards. I love being able to spend time with the girls without rushing so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment