Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summer Fun.

July is going to be amazing! Jeff is finally done with summer school, we are gearing up for a family trip to the Gulf Shores, the girls start swimming lessons, and I love the freakishly hot days. 

Couple Time.
Since Jeff is done with school and I am on maternity leave, we get the entire month of July without either of us working. I am so excited to spend some one on one time with him (James included). As many couples with multiple kids know, it is so hard to find quality alone time to spend with your significant other. 
Jeff and I rarely get babysitters. I know it is different for everyone but I love spending my weekends with my kids. I feel so rushed during the week. By the time I get home from work, have family dinner, and give baths it is time for the girls to go to bed. When the weekend comes, I am excited to spend time as a family. I feel guilty not spending as much time with my kids as possible. They aren't going to be young forever. I know Jeff and I need to carve out time to spend together (and it is going to become even more important with a third kid) which why I am so excited for this time with him. 
One of the things we are doing together this month is having lunch dates. A huge perk to working downtown is the amazing restaurants nearby. I have started taking him to my favorite spots. So far we have been to Rico's Tacos Lupe on the Boulevard and Chez Elle Creperie and Coffehouse. I have a few more places I can't wait to take him to. It is an awesome feeling knowing this month has so much in store for us.


Lilah's first swim lesson. She did great. 


The best purchase I made last year was this inflatable water slide. I doubt it will last another season but it was well worth the money!




Backyard picnic.




Love for brother.




I've started the packing list for our 14 hour drive to the Gulf Shores. I don't know if I am insane for deciding to take this trip but I am stoked to see how much the girls will love the ocean. I do a lot of planning at work and it spills over to my family life. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment