Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Is 3 really a crowd?

Wow! For being off of work I sure do keep myself busy. I can see now why my mom says she feels just as busy if not more being retired. And she doesn't have three kids!!! Yes, I had to put the !!! there. One just wasn't enough. These kids keep me on my toes. Being outnumbered poses some challenges. I have to admit there are days where it is completely overwhelming but even during those rough days there are these wonderful moments where I can't imagine being any happier.

Growing up as an only child, I always wished for a sibling. It was freaking boring being the only kid in the house...and you couldn't blame sh*t on anyone but yourself or the dog. Needless to say when I tried to pass the blame it didn't work. (laughing) I begged and begged for a brother or sister but the time just wasn't ever right for my parents to have more kids. Okay, being an only did have its perks and I was an only grandchild so I will tell you I was spoiled, but I would have given anything to have a large family. When I thought about what I wanted out of a family, I knew I wanted more than one, but the question was how many. To be honest, in an ideal situation where Jeff and I had all the money in the world, 5 is my perfect number. But kids are expensive and being able to give our kids what they need and more is costly. I think that three might be our perfect number... that was until tonight. (Queue the music.)

I've been going through Carmen and Lilah's baby clothes to sell and it is heartbreaking yet heartwarming looking at these little girl outfits we will likely never see again. There are so many memories that come from just a piece of fabric. The outfit someone came home from the hospital in, the first dress I bought once we found out it was a girl, the outfit Carmen had her first bite of peas in.

The girls are just 5 and 2, yet I feel like we have so many memories. Now I understand how people are hoarders! And I understand how the Duggars keep having kids. Children are such a blessing. Carmen and her diva self, Lilah our covert instigator with a sweet smile and James our most lovable baby. Jeff said no more kids. I know we are probably done and it breaks my heart just a little knowing there won't ever be another. Now I am going to go snuggle James and hope he doesn't grow up too fast like the girls are.

Now for our life in pictures this week.


Carmen will kill me for this when she gets older but here she is on a typical night dancing in front of the fridge.


I found this on my phone. Carmen loves to take selfies with James!


This weekend we went to Summit Waves with our friends Kendyl and Kristopher.


The girls love ice cream. 
Right now Carmen's favorite is mint chip and Lilah's is vanilla w/ chocolate syrup. James likes breast milk flavor. (Yes, I do make myself laugh.)


Today was James' two month check-up. He has doubled his weight since birth and is just under 15 lbs and is in the 95th percentile for height and weight. He has amazing chubby kid fat rolls! 


No comments:

Post a Comment